• Users Online: 75
  • Print this page
  • Email this page
 
CASE REPORT
Ahead of Print

Self-ingestion of vasmol dye


 Department of General Medicine, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, India

Correspondence Address:
Jaspreet Kaur,
Department of General Medicine, Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh - 160 030
India
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None

DOI: 10.4103/2452-2473.357330

Vasmol, a commonly used hair dye, is becoming apparent as one of the major causes of suicidal poisoning in India. The toxic components in the dye include paraphenylenediamine, sodium ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, resorcinol, and propylene glycol. Acute poisoning by consumption of dye leads to characteristic angioedema of the cervicofacial region along with multiorgan dysfunction. Early intervention with tracheostomy can be lifesaving in such cases and helps in preventing the morbidity and mortality associated with it.


Print this article
Search
 Back
 
  Search Pubmed for
 
    -  Kaur J
    -  Garg A
    -  Kaur B
 Citation Manager
 Article Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed210    
    PDF Downloaded10    

Recommend this journal